Every parent knows this situation. The terrible twos can make life feel as though you are moving from one dramatic disaster to the next. A headlong charge to skyrocketing stress and bruising battles with a tiny tyrant.
These 10 resources will get you back in control and help you teach the behaviour your child needs to know.
Super Strategies to Banish Bad Behaviour
- Raising Children is a comprehensive site for guidance with all aspects of raising children. The toddler section includes the kind of unwanted behaviours common to young children and helps you develop the skills to combat them.
- The NSPCC is a hugely respected organisation in the UK. Their leaflet on Positive Parenting can be downloaded and printed and includes space to add your own successful strategies or hints and tips from other parents.
- Straight forward guidance from a Family Man. The information and strategies are backed by experts in the field with key information on the power of attachment and discipline.
- This bite size piece helps keep you on track as you try out strategies with your child. As part of the help available on the NHS website, you know it’s advice you can trust.
- With a specific section on tantrums medically reviewed by a clinical psychologist, this site is a gem of information and help for those precious early years.
- More about positive parenting with key takeaways including what to do when strategies go wrong and how to repair relationships with your child.
7. Positive Reframing is a key skill to help you see your child’s behaviour in a different light, helping you to cope with it as well as develop strategies that work for you.
8. Starting with what to expect in the terrible twos this article written by doctors gives helpful advice on avoiding the build up to full meltdown tantrums.
9. Dealing with aggressive behaviour in toddlers is extremely challenging and common in toddlers as they develop. Here you can…