15 Ways to Stop Burning Money and Slash Costs Without Compromise
It’s three o’clock in the morning and you’re wide awake.
The worst headache of your life looms.
The days are getting darker and the prospect of cold weather is just around the corner. Cue stratospheric bills.
You already despise collecting the mail, another demand for money that doesn’t last to the next paycheck.
With derisory wage rises and shocking increases in expenditure this could be the gloomiest winter ever.
The nitty gritty of it is, more to pay out and no more coming in.
And don’t even mention Christmas!
You already work all the hours humanly possible and you are fresh out of ideas to take back control. How can you cut costs without cutting out the things you love?
It is possible, however, with some extra tools, to crush your outgoings and stop burning money without compromising on your lifestyle!
Cruise Cutting Car Costs
- More Haste, More Money. Accelerating quickly uses a lot more fuel than a steady pull. Driving as though you have eggs on your pedals is tried and true advice.
- Pump it up. Save fuel and tire wear by keeping your tires correctly inflated. Use the appropriate pressure for the load you are carrying too.
- Cover Up. Cover your car overnight in cold weather. It will save on running the car till it defrosts or using sprays.
- Top Up. Don’t forget to keep your oil topped up. It will save on fuel and extend the life of your engine.
- Let there be Light but only where we need it. Get into the habit of turning off lights in unoccupied rooms and reduce lighting in the couple of hours before bed (with the added bonus you’ll sleep better).
- On Time. Make good use of timers and thermostats. Don’t waste energy if there is no-one in the house — set the heating to go off when you leave and come back on half an hour before you return.
- Keep Your Cool. Is your home too warm at night? Keeping rooms cooler will help you sleep better at night as well as save money (although…